Monday 1 August 2011

Refinished Windsor Backed Chairs



Here are after shots of a chair I recently refinished.

I put these Windsor backed chairs in a garage sale last year but they didn't sell.  I stored them away, thinking I'd sell them on Craigslist but then decided I really loved them, just not done in honey maple finish.  Here is the before shot of one of them.

 




Instead of sanding them, I used Zissner primer, then three coats of BEHR Peppercorn acrylic paint.


I made seat covers for them using three different graphic images I found on The Graphics Fairy and transferred those images onto pure unbleached cotton using the CitraSolv method.










As you might be able to tell, they get a lot of use. My cats spend the entire day sleeping on them, and the images are holding up rather well so far.

3 comments:

  1. Those chairs are gorgeous - and I love the cushions. I haven't tried citrasolv yet but thinking I should. I saw you on Graphics Fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad no one bought your chairs! You did a fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb!! REALLY love these, and the pillows really finish them off nicely!! :)

    ReplyDelete