Monday 27 May 2013

Remove A Kitchen Cabinet Door, Get A Fresh Look

I decided to remove a cabinet door and display some pretty dishes my best friend gave me, and another set I recently splurged on. I needed new dishes like I needed a hole in the head.  Also, my obsession with little pitchers has to stop.
I painted inside the cabinet using the same mushroom colour I had used on the brick wall.
I wrapped some twigs in jute to add a little something tall in the top cabinet.  My son gave me the the miniature coffee pot which is a creamer.  I just love little gifts like this that are so thoughtful.
I had been admiring these gorgeous hydrangea dishes and when I showed my friend, she surprised me by having them sent to me completely out of the blue and for no other reason than we are each other's best friend.

Later on, I fell in love with the all white set and when I showed my best friend, she went out and bought a set too.  I used to be 'saving' these two sets for I don't know what, but I recently decided that every day is a good day to use pretty dishes, so they're not being 'saved' for some undefined special day anymore.


0 comments:

Post a Comment