Friday 5 April 2013

Sewing Box Makeover with Vintage J.P. Coats Ad




I was given a wood box which contained bath products a really long time ago.  It's got sentimental value (and I have a thing for boxes) but it wasn't very pretty, so I've wanted to transform it for a while.  

I turned it into a sewing box that I can keep close at hand in the living room instead of having to run a flight of stairs to gather up the essentials which I am constantly in need of, or so it seems.

The image comes from The Graphics Fairy as usual (love her!) and the Citrasolv image transfer method tutorial is here.

I painted two coats of acrylic wall paint, then mixed up a glaze using the same black paint to add a distressed look and tone down the white paint.

Here is the box looking overdue for a change before:

5 comments:

  1. His works are beautiful.
    You are a very capricious.
    Congratulations!
    I live in São Paulo, Brazil
    (I used google translator, sorry)

    Conceiçao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous project! I'm a new follower and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in Graphics Fairy did you find that image? I've looked under every category I could think of. Thanks, love the way your box came out.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project! Your crafts are always so fantastic and unique. I am happy to be a follower now.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! now following

    ReplyDelete