Friday 12 April 2013

Rolled Paper Rose Ball

I made this paper rose ball a while ago and was iffy about it and it lived out of sight for a while. I decided to display it atop a vase and I'm still not sure about it but it's living there a while until it grows on me, or not.

Here's how to make rolled paper roses: 


 

The paper I used is a bunch of leftover photocopies that I had made for doing image transfers. Instead of wasting them, I cut the sheets into four parts, and cut each quarter into a spiral, like this:

Starting at the outer end, start rolling the paper


 adding a dab of glue as you go.

Roll your paper loosely, so that it looks sort of like this:

The underside should remain flat, like so:

When you come to the end, glue the circle down.


Make a whole lot of them and glue them to whatever you'd like.  I used a styrofoam ball in this case.  Of course you can use any sort of paper or cardstock for these, as well as felt.


8 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea. I also think it looks lovely on that vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very very impressed. It looks very expensive! I've rolled just a few roses and never did enough to cover a styrofoam ball! That's lots of work. Looks too nice to hide away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a whole lot of work! I made them while watching TV.

      Delete
  3. I want to suspend this from the ceiling for some awesome party decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the colors. :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I love these, and a great way to use up some leftover paper from the recycle bin as well! found you through Flaunt It Friday linky. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted something other than plain white and got to use up scrap paper, so it was a win win situation!

      Delete