Wednesday 1 June 2011

Machine Quilted Pillow

I just love the look of white quilted bedding so I made this pillow taking the easy way out and quilted it by machine.


I received a few sets of floral bedsheets from the 1970s that I have been using to sew cosmetic and travel bags.  The fitted sheets were threadbare in a few sections so I cut out the floral designs in those worn out areas and used them as a 'pattern' to quilt the flowers on this pillow.

I placed my 16 1/2 X 16 1/2 inch pillow cover fabric down, put a layer of quilt batting over that, a piece of waste fabric on top of that, and then arranged the flowers I had cut out of the sheets over the last layer and pinned them down. 

I simply stitched all around the petals and leaves, and then drew in all the threads to the wrong side without cutting them.  After sewing on the back of the cover and trimming the seams, I inserted a pillow form and then top stitched 3/4 of an inch all away around the pillow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment