There were measurement issues that taunted me and forced me to put everything away that I had just hauled out because the laptop was with the kid who was in class. Then there was a matter of pattern measurements being wrong which meant ripping out work and making me feel like I needed to stab things.
When I got all that sorted out I realized that I had no clue which side of the fabric was up since I don't read Chinese and that forced another delay while I took a photo, sent it to the kid by email, and sat around waiting for a reply so that I wouldn't have to put away everything I had just hauled out again. Augh!
I am pretty sure I would have died inside a little bit if I just went ahead and sewed it up only to find out it was upside down later on.
I finally got my answer via a return email in which he said it took him a while to get back to me because he had been in class, learning Chinese, which is only going to be funny to me when I've forgotten my angst over sewing this thing.
It turned out that my guess was right about the writing, so I'm not that much of a cretin after all.
I am still twitching over this thing because I'm pretty sure that I need to do boxed corners before the world goes spinning off its axis.
The tutorial for this sleeve is here.
I ended up doing boxed corners on the bottom edge.