Monday 16 December 2013

Rustic Christmas Star Giftwrapping

My simple gift wrapping this Christmas was done with my typical kraft paper wrapped with white bows and adorned with gold glitter salt dough stars.

I am lucky enough to have a ton of off cut fabrics from a bedding factory, so my ribbons and bows are ripped into strips using the offcuts, but you can certainly use old white sheets that are destined for the rag bin.

The simple salt dough recipe is:

1 cup of salt (get it at the dollar store, it's cheaper than the grocery store)
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of water

You may have to adjust the water/flour by a bit, and I always add a bit of oil, about a tablespoon. This keeps the dough from sticking to your hands.  Once you've rolled the dough and cut out your shapes, bake at 200 degrees for about an hour.  You can also leave them to dry for a day or so.

I brushed my stars with Mod Podge and then sprinkled gold glitter all over.

I used a stamp set to mark the name of the recipient, and I'm going to see if I can stamp right onto bare dough ornaments because I think that would be a cute presentation too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment